Sunday, September 15, 2013

Over the top opening song/video

I could be using this post explain the way the Badgers were sabotaged out of a win Saturday, but that would be too easy and there already too many articles that have or will be written on the subject.

What I really want to talk about is the opening video of Berzer by Eminem with Notre Dame/Purdue highlights integrated into the video before the game on Saturday night. I will post a link to the video if I can find one.

All I have to say about that video is..... Wow. That is not a good wow, that is more like "Oh my eyes" along with a "What the hell?". I'm a person who has never done any drugs, but watching that intro I'm assuming that is what being on acid is like with the stop motion along with the forward and reverse of the video. The video itself was pointless while boarding on driving away viewers. I ask why that type of intro video is needed?

What is wrong with the simple intro video? The people that already have channel set to ABC are not going to say "I really want to watch Purdue, but that intro video is too simple, lets flip on Hallmark Channel instead".

In this era of companies trying to maximize their profit, I would think that the intro video would be one area that television companies would be looking. I'm sure this post will have no effect on future intro video, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there about the intro video.



No comments:

Post a Comment